Friday, May 01, 2009

A couple o' things

First off, I am so bummed that I missed the baptism service at the 5 o'clock last week. I usually do not miss that service when we offer it, because it's one of my favorite services and it is a powerful, powerful opportunity as a community. But I had to miss this past one, because it happened to be my daughters dedication day which meant a lot of family in town and family obligations so... Anyway, I am sad to have missed it. However, I was really blessed to read the testimonies of those getting baptised. Rosalind's testimony really moved me to tears and I wanted to copy that link here so that you could share in her wonderful story.

Secondly, tomorrow I'll be joining others with World Concern to run (or walk) a 5k marathon called Free Them to raise awareness and funds around the issues of human trafficking. I want to encourage you to join me if you get the chance, would like the exercise and wanna raise awareness with us. Registrations start at 8:30 am and run starts at 9:30. And, by the way, it's ok to walk. I'll need the extra grace and will probably be walking most of it since ma ma is outta shape. The registration fee is $10. You can check out World Concern's website for more info!

2 comments:

Darwin said...

The testimonies of Roz and Sarah were good to hear and reminded me of my own baptism in the same (though then not yet remodeled) place, two years ago. I tried to capture some of the moments from that day at: http://picasaweb.google.com/seattlequest/SarahRozBaptism#

Enjoy!

DeAnza said...

Thanks, Darwin! I remember your baptism, too. It was a beautiful moment. I'll check out the pics!